SEO and SMO
Google (and Bing, who also run Yahoo search results) score their search results largely based on relevance and authority of pages that he has crawled and included in his web index, to a user query to the best answer. Google uses more than 200 signals when scoring their search results and SEO technical and creative activities to influence and improve some of those known signals.
It is often useful not to focus too much individual ranking signals and view the broader goal of Google, to provide the best answers for its users. SEO therefore insists on ensuring that you have one website is accessible, technically sound, uses words that people type in the search engines, and offers an excellent user experience, with useful and high quality, expert content that helps answer the user demand.
Google has a very large team of search quality assessors who evaluate the quality of it search results entered into a machine learning algorithm. Google's search quality rater guidelines provide a lot of detail and examples of what Google class as high or content and websites of low quality, and their focus on wanting to reward sites that clear their expertise, authority and trust (EAT).
How to improve your SEO
1) Publish Relevant Content: Quality content is the most important driver of you search engine rankings and there is no replacement for great content. Quality content created specifically for your intended user increases site traffic, which improves the authorization of your site and relevance. Refine your writing skills on the web.
2. Update Your Content Regularly: You have probably noticed that we feel nice strong about content. Search engines do that too. Regularly updated content is considered one of the best indicators for the relevance of a site, so be it sure to keep it fresh.
3. Metadata: When designing your website, every page contains a space between the tags to add metadata or information about the content of your page. If you have a CMS site, the UMC web team has pre-completed this data for you.
4. Have a link-worthy site: Focus on making relevant links in the text. Instead of having "click here" links, try it the name of the destination. No value for search engines higher than the attached URL, while rich in keywords and will improve your search engine rankings as well as the ranking of the page to which you link. Always use descriptive linking links by keywords; it does not only improve search engine optimization, but also adds value to your readers, including people with disabilities or using screen readers.
5. Use alt tags: Always describe your visual and video media use alt tags or alternative text descriptions. They allow search engines to locate your page, which is crucial, especially for those who use it text-only browsers or screen readers.
Social media optimization (SMO) refers to creating online content that is likely shared via social networks. Social media optimization is more art than that science, because it can be difficult to come up with a consistent formula to create divisible content. That said, social media optimization gains importance if social sharing is becoming more and more integrated into search results.
Social Media Optimization (SMO ) Rules
1) Increase your linkability - This is the first and the most important priority for websites. Many sites are "static" - which means that they are rarely updated and used simply for one storefront. Optimize a site for social media, we must increase the linkability of the content. Adding a blog is great step, but there are many other ways such as making white papers and thoughts pieces, or even simply collecting content that exists elsewhere in a useful format.
2) Encourage the mashup - In a world of co- creation, it pays to be more open about it allow others to use your content (inside reason). The idea of YouTube to deliver code cut and paste so that you can embed videos their site has fueled their growth. Syndication of your content via RSS makes it easy for others to make mashups that can cause or increase traffic content.
3) Make tagging and bookmarks easy - Add content features such as quick buttons adding "to del.icio.us" is a way to make the process of labeling pages easier, but we do Go beyond this, make sure that pages belong a list of relevant tags, suggested comments for a link (which automatically appears when you are going to tag a site) and be sure tag our pages first on popular social networks place bookmarks (including more than just the home page).
4) Reward of incoming links - often used as one barometer for success of a blog (as well a website), inbound links are crucial for rises in the search results and in general rankings. To encourage more of them, we have to make it easy and clear rewards. From the use of Permalinks to re-create A list of recent links in the same way blogs on your site offer the reward of visibility for those who link to you.
5) Help your content travel - unlike a lot of it SEO, SMO is not just about making changes to a site. When you have content which can be portable (such as PDFs, videobfiles and audio files), by submitting them relevant sites help your content travel further, and eventually links back to your site.